Well, this is an honor. I have only been blogging for about 6 months now so being nominated for the Liebster Award is a wonderful surprise! Thank you Alana from https://alanagabo.wordpress.com/ and Gloryanna from http://onlyaseason.com/ for nominating me!
This award is for newer and smaller blogs. Here are the rules:
Thank and link the person who nominated you.
Answer 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
Nominate up to 11 other blogs who have 1000 followers or less on their blog.
Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
Let the nominees know your blog post is up.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME!
- I’m a beach bum at heart. Give me the sand beneath my toes any day over bustling city streets. My family went to the beach every summer when I was a teen so some of my best memories are within earshot of the crashing waves.
- I’m a coffee-holic. I used to work at Starbucks years ago as a shift supervisor and got to know the ins and outs of the coffee bean world. It was a ton of fun! Now I enjoy trying out local coffee shops and seeing the diverse collection of coffee swag each one has to offer the coffee nut like me.
- My childhood dream was to be a Broadway star and play Christine in Phantom of the Opera. I would practice in my bedroom to Sarah Brightman’s version of “All I Ask of You.” I got to see the musical live in NYC when I was there for a senior choral trip. And I cried. 🙂
- Running keeps me sane. I have participated in a number of half marathons and plan on doing lots more. I especially love doing the Jeff Galloway style of endurance training which combines running and walking into timed intervals in order to run longer distances.
- I’m finishing up my bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice at Mid-America Christian University. After a few stops and starts over the past 12 years, I can now say that I will officially be a college graduate in the Spring of 2017!
- I love to travel. God knew what He was doing when He led me to marry a military man! Going to the Philippines last year was a major high point in my life and I plan on going to a lot more countries before my life is over.
- I juice 5 days a week. I have always been pretty healthy but felt the need at the start of the year to add some more nutrients to my diet. My juicer is getting a workout lately and my middle son has even joined in on the juicing plan! My fave juice: carrot, orange, ginger, spinach, and apple.
- My favorite movie of all time is Dirty Dancing. I know this may sound cheesy to some of you but I don’t care. You can’t make me feel bad about it. As my teenage crush, Patrick Swayze, says so eloquently, “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” (I’m Baby in this fantasy btw.) 🙂
- I love wine. All varieties and brands. I used to drink way too much of the stuff but lately, as I’ve gotten older, I’m trying to really savor the finer things in life. So I’ve cut back to once or twice a week and it really does taste that much better because I get to look forward to my wine days.
- My husband and I want to adopt one day. One kid, two kids, heck, 10 kids maybe! We love children and are blessed with 4 biological rascals of our own. We always knew that we would adopt and now I can say with much faith that the time is getting closer for us to take this step.
- I am in love with Greek food. I love hummus, tabbouleh, pita, olives, lentils, baklava, ALL OF IT! And on that tasty note, “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” tops the list as one of my fave flicks too. AND to top it off, Christine Caine is my fave female speaker and she is Greek! LOL
11 QUESTIONS FROM Alana:
- How did you pick your blog’s name? I wanted to combine the emotional aspect of the heart with the frailty of human nature and the lyrical aspect of a song. Hence, My Wandering Heart Song. 🙂
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give to your 13 year old self? Don’t try to impress the boys. They are so fickle at that age. Work on your own self esteem by focusing on what God says about you.
- What is your overall life goal? To help as many people as I can overcome physical, mental, emotional and spiritual barriers that hinder wholeness.
- What cheers you up when you are feeling sad? Watching a “Friends” marathon on Netflix with my hubby.
- What book has most inspired you and why? “Redeeming Love” by Francine Rivers portrays the unconditional and awe-inspiring love of God in an amazing way. Every woman needs to read it.
- Who and What are your biggest inspirations? Heidi Baker of Iris Ministries is my biggest inspiration. She is a selfless Christian woman from California living in the bush of Mozambique ministering to countless men, women, and children about the love of Christ.
- What would you do if failure was not an option? Write a book.
- Do you exercise and what are your favorite kinds of workouts? Yes. I workout 5 days a week. I love to run, walk and do zumba.
- What is the biggest risk you have taken and did it pay off? Having children! Parenting is not for the faint of heart and you can’t be selfish and have kids. It has definitely paid off because I am braver and stronger now than I ever was before my babies came into this world.
- What is your favorite blog post that you have ever written? This One!
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Africa
Here are the blogs I’m nominating for the Liebster Award. I enjoy reading their words of faith, encouragement, and wisdom!
Now, 11 QUESTIONS FOR YOU!
- What is your dream job?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- If you could pick anywhere in the world to live, where would you live and why?
- Who would you pick to have coffee with if you could choose anyone who ever lived or is alive today?
- Coffee or tea?
- Do you know any foreign languages fluently and if so, which ones?
- If you are over 30, have you suffered a type of mid-life crisis or if you are not yet 30, do you think you will ?
- What is your favorite childhood pet?
- What do you want people to remember about you?
- Favorite female comedian?
- A day at the zoo or the aquarium?
Now it is your turn to pay it forward and pass the “Liebster Award” on to other bloggers who inspire you! So answer the questions, pass the award along, and remember to post the badge somewhere on your blog!
God bless you all!